Saturday, April 12, 2008

Me Without You

When I created this blog a few days ago, I made an "About Me" section that appears at the bottom of the page. I wanted my potential (if improbable) readers to know the basics - my husband and kids' names and relevant dates. The next day when I pulled up my blog page, the irony struck me: the section that is labeled "About Me" is exclusively made up of information about other people.

At first I was kind of embarrassed by this. Shouldn't I have been able to come up with some interesting and important information about myself, besides the names of my husband & kids? But as I thought about it more, I decided that the section will stay just as it is. Is there something wrong with my husband and kids being the most pertinent pieces of information about me? Not at all. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure there are other things I could tell people about myself, but what does the majority of my life revolve around? Loving these three people. Far from being embarrassed about that, I am proud of it.

No comments: