Friday, October 17, 2008
#19 case-in-point: today's bed-head.
My friend Karen did this and I really enjoyed reading hers, so I am writing my own list.
50 Things About Me:
1. I wear the same jewelry every day because I never ever take it off (tiny diamond studs, a white gold cross, and my wedding rings).
2. Before we had kids, I thought I'd never drive a minivan.
3. I love my minivan.
4. When I left Seattle to go to college in LA, I thought I'd never move back.
5. When I met and married a California boy, I knew I'd never move back.
6. We moved back to Seattle a year and a half ago and we both absolutely love it.
7. Jon and I are both first-born children. Poor Nate is the first-born of two first-borns!
8. Since we are both first-borns, we both like to be right, but Jon is right a lot more often than I am.
9. From ages 13-20, I spent an average of 20-25 hours a week, 50 weeks a year... underwater.
10. I am obsessed with maps. Every time I pull out a road map in the car on a trip, I end up spending hours poring over it.
11. I have poor spatial intelligence (Maybe this is why I like maps - I can't picture geography in my head so I like seeing it on paper).
12. I used to think I wanted to be a teacher. Then a physical therapist. Then a counselor. Then a reading & literacy specialist. Then a teacher again.
13. I don't like the physical sciences.
14. I love the social sciences.
15. When we leave parties, Jon has to tell me we're leaving 30 minutes before he wants to leave because that's how long it takes me to say good-bye to people.
16. I met my best friends in college. We live far apart now, but we will always always be best friends.
17. My swim coach once assigned me 4000 push-ups as punishment for "not doing my best." I injured my biceps tendon on the first 800, so he "let" me do sit-ups instead.
18. I've never been to any part of Europe, but we're going to England for Christmas this year to visit family there and I can't wait.
19. I regularly go out in public with bed-head. With my hair, you just honestly can't tell. At least I don't think you can...
20. If I wear mascara more than once a week, something's up.
21. My boyfriend dumped me right before prom. Well ok, I broke up with him... but he was asking for it! Still, it was sad.
22. I wanted Jon to ask me to marry him at least a year before he did. (See #8.)
23. We prayed for guidance in when to start a family, and felt God leading us to wait 3 years before having kids. Nate was born 2 days after our 3rd anniversary.
24. I had so much fun this summer eating all kinds of "free" food: prunes from our trees, apples from my parents' trees, blackberries from around the neighborhood, veggies from my garden... nothing beats delicious food that you didn't have to buy!
25. When my whole family gets together for dinner, it doesn't take long before we are all quoting our favorite movies and laughing hysterically.
26. I wake up before my kids every morning.
27. I love college football.
28. I really want to be graceful... but I'm not. I love watching dancers and gymnasts because there's no way I could come close to what they do!
29. My dad can still beat me in a 25 yard freestyle race.
30. I want to get a goat in our backyard. I don't really have a good reason for this, just think it would be cool.
31. When I find something I love, even if its something trivial like a great brand of laundry soap, I am passionately evangelistic about it and want to tell everyone how great it is.
32. I am an optimist.
33. There is nothing in the world more important to me than Jesus Christ.
34. My fastest times in swimming are from when I was 15, even though I swam until I was 20. Darn puberty.
35. I am a recovering affirmation addict.
36. We want to adopt a baby (maybe lots of babies?) someday.
37. I have always always wanted to be a mom.
38. I miss school a lot. I miss tests and homework. I don't even know what I would go back to school for, I just know I'd love to go back someday.
39. I think bribery is God's gift to moms.
40. I feel guilty for the same stuff that I tell other people they shouldn't feel guilty about.
41. Jon and I love vegging out and watching TV or movies together. I honestly view this as quality time together.
42. Sundays are my favorite day of the week. Church is my favorite part of the day.
43. My kids eat way healthier than I do.
44. My mom is my hero. I don't know how she does it, she's amazing.
45. I love having people over to our house and I wish we did it more often.
46. When we first moved to Seattle, the sounds of birds and squirrels in the trees of our backyard totally freaked me out. City girl...
47. I would rather go through labor and delivery 5 times than experience the first 4 months of pregnancy once.
48. I love Flaming Hot Cheetos.
49. I am a morning person. I love seeing the sky just before the sun comes up... everything is fresh and new.
50. My kids are probably up from their naps now. :)