Wednesday, July 28, 2010

they said it



It is well-documented that our 2 year old son loves pretty girls and is a hopeless flirt (see above: a flirting collage of him and our friend Nicole, who visited earlier this month). Usually I just think it's cute, but yesterday at the pool it got out of control:

[Dexter, playing in his favorite spot on the steps. Pretty young teen-aged girl walks past him to get into the pool.]

Dexter: Hey! Look what I can do! [flips under the railing and grins up at her]

Girl: Wow, that's really cool!

Dexter: [follows her along the side of the pool, still grinning and talking to her - I can't hear what he's saying so I walk over to them]

Me: Why don't you ask her name?

Dexter: What's your name?

Girl: Natalie. What's yours?

Dexter: I'm Dexter.

Natalie: Well, Dexter I think I'm going to go swim with my friends now. Nice to meet you!

Dexter (apparently desperate to keep the conversation going): I have something in my pants!

My reaction: nervous laughter, think Brandt reacting to bikini-clad Bunny on the Big Lebowski. Ahhh, that's marvelous.

-------

[on the way home from the pool. Nate is quiet for a few minutes, then pipes up with this input on our future family size.]

Nate:
Mommy, when are we going to have enough kids for Red Rover?

Not for awhile, dude, but we are working on it. :)


I did not ask them to pose. This is exactly what they looked like at the red light when I turned around, so I had to snap a picture.

2 comments:

Ryan Weiss said...

I'd have to say this is my favorite post Haley! So funny!

tamarahillmurphy.com said...

oh ho!! this one earned a read to the whole family. :)