Thursday, March 5, 2009

bean-y baby



After a somewhat stressful Trader Joe's experience today involving tears, threats, a lost shopping bag, Nate nearly chipping a tooth, and a close call with a precarious stack of Mac & Cheese boxes... I decided that a run through the Starbucks drive-thru was in order. As I pulled away from the window with my tall nonfat decaf caramel sauce mocha, I heard my 18-month-old son pipe up from the backseat, clear as a bell:

Mocha! Mocha! Mommy Mocha!

I would have told you that I'm not your typical Starbucks-addicted Seattleite. But when your baby knows the word mocha, it's time to admit you might have a problem. And now if you'll excuse me, I just remembered that my frozen edamame is melting in the back of the van.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I wonder how many Seattle moms have this problem. When we go to SB Brody wants a Biscotti. I'm thankful it's one of the cheaper items on the menu and not an entire drink.

Jennifer said...

Finley knows both Starbucks and Costco from a distance. He'll wake up in the morning and tell us,"I need coffee please."

Starbucks addicted.