Friday, April 10, 2009

evangelism



I have a love/hate relationship with preschool art projects. On one hand, I love seeing the creativity of my three-year-old. On the other hand, honestly - what am I supposed to do with the half dozen pieces of macaroni-bedazzled paper that come through my doors each week?

This week they talked about Easter at preschool, so Nate brought home a tissue-paper stained glass window with a cross on it. He wanted to hang it in a window. Great - how about in your bedroom? Nope. Window on the kitchen door? No, Mommy. I want to hang it on that window (points to front window in the living room, facing the street). Um... Can't we just put it on your window - then you could see it when you're in your room! No, no, I want it on that window, right in the middle.

He was not to be dissuaded. I gave in, taped it up, and went back to emptying the dishwasher.

Five minutes later Nate calls out to me from the living room, Hey Mommy! Yes Nate? Do you know why I wanted to put it on this window? No, why Nate? Because now everyone who comes to our house will remember that Jesus died on a cross.

Can't argue with that now, can I?

1 comment:

kari bell said...

So glad you posted this. After seeing him leave from preschool with a "chick" easter bag I was a little discouraged that a Christian preschool went that route. Glad to know they covered Jesus dying on the cross and convinced those 3 year olds to tell the world!!